Stay healthy in the sun with these sun protection tips.
Summertime is here. The beautiful weather means more time spent outdoors. However, with the blazing sun, too much time spent outside could be harmful to your health. Take steps to protect yourself from the sun, and check out these tips to keep yourself safe.
- Use plenty of sunscreen. Sunscreen is one of the best defenses you can use to protect yourself from the sun. Look for a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 and reapply every couple of hours.
- Wear a hat. A hat can keep the sun off your face and neck to help protect you from the sun.
- Invest in a pair of sunglasses. It’s important to protect your eyes. Look for a pair of shades with ultraviolet (UV) protection and wear them whenever you go outside. That way your eyes are well protected.
- Avoid spending time outside during peak sun hours. The sun’s intensity is strongest during midday. Avoid spending time out in the sun between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. when the sun is at its peak.
- Stay hydrated. It’s important to drink lots of water when outside for the summer. It’s hot out, and your body needs to be able to cool itself.
- Regularly check for any changes in your skin. If you notice any new growths or changes, talk to your doctor. The sun’s ultraviolet rays can damage the skin, leading to sunburns and skin cancer.
Stay safe in the sun with these protection tips!
Summer is the perfect time to invest in solar panels for your property. For assistance with solar, decking, and waterproofing your commercial properties, contact SBR Roofing. Located in Burbank, California, we offer the best roofing and decking services in the Greater Los Angeles area.