While it may already feel like summer, the official start of summer is still a few days away! The summer solstice on June 21st, marks the start of the summer season, which means that it is time to start planning for all of your summer activities. If you are looking for new, exciting ways to celebrate the summer solstice, keep these tips in mind.
- Have a bonfire – the summer solstice was traditionally celebrated with a fire, and you can bring that tradition to your home. Invite all of your friends and family over and enjoy the first night of summer around your fire pit.
- Go fishing – load up the car with your fishing poles and find a lake to go fishing. Make sure to get the appropriate fishing licenses before you cast out your line. If you catch a big enough fish, you can even enjoy it for dinner!
- Work in the garden – summer is typically the middle of growing season, but that does not mean that you cannot start your garden now. Find drought tolerant, native plants to add in your yard that will bloom all year long.
- Plan a camping trip – there are many locations throughout Southern California that are perfect for a family camping trip. If you do not want to deal with loading up your car, pitch a tent in your backyard and enjoy a campout at home.
- Cook outside – a backyard BBQ is one of the best ways to enjoy the warm weather. Find a delicious recipe that the whole family will love and have a backyard cookout.
All of us at SBR Roofing, your commercial roofing specialists in Burbank, California would like to wish you and your family a happy summer solstice!